LAYFILAMENTS GROWLAY FILAMENT
GROWLAY works like a culture medium. You can add the seeds or spores and they will grow on the 3D printed object. So this filament offers many interesting possibilities for experimentation!
Print 3D objects and let biological cultures grow:
- grass; moss
- fungus ; mildew
- pharma-cultures, mother cells
GROWLAY works like a breeding ground.
- GROWLAY is microcapillary. Its cavities absorb and store water, dissolved liquid nutrients or fertilizer. Promoted because of the capillary action throughout the printed object.
- Mold grows through the open-cell capillaries and forms a mycelium.
- Seeds of grasses can get caught and grow in Growlay.
- Spores find room to germinate in small cavities. (see SEM-Pics)
- Roots cling to the structures of the object filling.
- Even lichens grow on Growlay. These usually grow preferentially on stones of walls or trees.
- GROWLAY can be sterilized (for food use and research) with gases or wet (but not thermally)
- For color differentiation, objects printed with Growlay can be subsequently colored with food colors.
- absorptive carrier for agents
GROWLAY is available in the functionally different versions white and brown
- Version white is an experimental filament & fully compostable
- The brown version contains not only pores but also built-in "food" in the form of cell material which is needed for growth