Tired of fragile 3D printed parts? Armadillo 3D printing filament is a perfect alternative to some of the most common rigid materials on the market.
Made from a specially formulated thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), its advantages against PLA and ABS lie in its printability and toughness. Armadillo is an excellent material to use for bridging with virtually no warping issues. When you need a rigid product that can withstand wear and tear, Armadillo's resistance to fracturing makes it a perfect replacement.
Suggested Applications: braces, fasteners, gears and protective covers.
- Shore hardness = 75D
- Excellent bridging capabilities and virtually no warping
- Abrasion resistance 84% better than PLA and 60% better than ABS
- Chemical resistance to many materials, including naphtha, ASTM Oils #1-3, petroleum and freon
- Consistent diameter and material properties providing reliable, high quality prints
- No heated bed required. Build platform requires same prep as PLA
Room temperature 45°C
Glue or blue painters tape is suggested if not using a heated bed.
Top and bottom layers: 15-20 mm/ sec (900-1800 mm/ min)
Infill speeds: 45-60 mm/ sec (2700-3600 mm/ min)
Layer 2+ use cooling fan if available.
|Filament Typ||FLEX TPU|
|Recomended Printing Temp Min||210 ºC|
|Recomended Printing Temp Max||230 ºC|
|Recomended Printbed Temperature Max||50 ºC|
|Recomended Printing Speed Min||20 mm/s|
|Recomended Printing Speed Max||60 mm/s|
|Specific gravity||1,18 g/cm3 ASTM D792|
|Heat deflection temp||46 °C ASTM D648|
|Tensile strength||27 MPa ASTM D638|
|Tensile modulus||396 MPa ASTM D638|
|Elongation at yield||18 % ASTM D638|
|Elongation at break||295 % ASTM D638|
|Impact Strength||3 KJ/m2 ASTM D256|
|Shore D Hardness||75D D ASTM D2240|